Monday, July 14, 2014

Hey, Ramadhan! Where are you going?

     Hello!

     Today is the 16th day of Ramadhan. Can you believe it? Ramadhan always seems to go fast. At the start you're like "Okay, here goes" and then when you're at this point you're like "Wait, what? It's halfway over?" and then at the end you're like "Where'd Ramadhan go?" InshaAllah at this point we should really start reflecting on our Ramadhan thus far and try to regain the standing and the plans and schedules we set at the start of/before Ramadhan.

     So, I'm going to try and re-up my Quran reading. And also it's meaning. InshaAllah I should finish a khatam in a few days. I'm going to start planning my du'aa because it is really super awkward when you have to make your du'aa out loud and you're stuttering and wondering if you should even ask Allah for that new bike or iPod or whatever because that seems so trivial and everyone is just sitting there and you feel like they're silently judging you. Run on sentences for the win!

     Speaking of Quran, I recently got a new Quran teacher. She is doing the lessons over Skype. So far they've been going okay.

     Volunteering today went really well. I got to pull holds for the first time(finally!). It was cool but also kinda annoying when something was shelved in the wrong section. It's like going on a scavenger hunt.

     Funny volunteering stories: Today while I was shelving these little girls came by and one of them was saying "It's funny that there are so many kids in the library, when half of them don't like to read!" I was laughing so hard to myself. I mean she was so real. Spot on. It's so true and apparent that even a kid notices it.
     Btw, sorry for missing last week's post. I came home from volunteering that day and it was just like: collapse on my bed. I don't even recall why I didn't.

     Okay, I gotta go. I have to study and figure out how to deal with some stuff. I'll see you next week(not in the literal sense of course).

     Signing off for now, sayonara, bye, annyeong, adios, au revoir, ma'a salaama!!!

                   Sumiyya <3

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment