Thursday, August 8, 2013

Eid Mubarak!!!!

So today for me and for a lot of people was Eid al-Fitr(The Celebration of Feasting). This is a very special day and it's given to the Muslims after fasting the whole month of Ramadhan.

Today we spent Eid in Xenia, Ohio. We moved from this place nearly 2 years ago thinking we were going into a better situation. My father was getting a job, we were going to be around people our age(there are no other older girls in Xenia), there would be a lot more Muslims down there. Let's just say "Be grateful for what you have." Not that Charlotte is a bad place, things are just totally different. However, I do like having girls my age to talk to so it's good. 

So anyway, it was really nice. I saw people I haven't seen in a while. I saw people that I'd seen just a couple of months ago when we came and I saw people I've never seen before but was happy to meet nonetheless. Oh, and I saw a girl I met on jamaat. 

So here's what we did today: 

Went to sleep late(around 3 am)

Woke up later and got ready and went for Eid prayer(I didn't get to make it T^T)

Stayed afterwords and had some breakfast-type stuff

Left and went to the store for some stuff

Came back and chilled for a bit

Went back out for the barbecue

Stayed there for a while before coming back at around Maghrib time(we went there at 5, so about 4 hours)

That's it! It doesn't seem like we did much but it was really fun and really nice. Just being around people you know and love can be the best thing ever. 

Quick OOTD:

So for my special Eid day outfit I wore blue and black(yes again). This time I wore my new black overgarment(abaya). It's so pretty! <3 I wore the blue scarf under by black dubata(long head scarf) and I wore a blue flower on my niqab:


Underneath I wore a black shirt and my blue and white skirt. In fact, later to the barbecue I simply wore the skirt and a black turtleneck I have.

Anyway, I felt so happy, pretty, loved and blessed today, mashaallah. I hope that Allah blessed this Eid day, accepted our fast, our good deeds, our good du'aas, and InshaAllah will grant everyone Jannah al-Firdous. Ameen! 

Well, it's time for me to hit the hay, I'm nodding off(it's only 11:30 but I'm tired), so signing off for now, bonne nuit, buenas noches, oyasumi nasai, annyeong, laylal khair(I hope that's how you say that, bye and good night!!! 

Sumiyya <3  

P.S. Tomorrow we'll have a lot of fun InshaAllah. We're going to this shop called Glitter and we're going bowling(my first time!). Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment