Monday, August 12, 2013

Scrabble Tournament, Fashionable Items, and Sports Hating Me

So today was a teen Scrabble Tournament at my library. I was so excited for a long time because last year I didn't go because I didn't think anyone would show up. However, I figured if they're doing it again this year then that means: People Showed Up!!!

Spoiler Alert; they didn't :( 

So yeah, it was basically me, Jawaad, Laila, and the two volunteers that were helping out for the event. Only one volunteer played and she played against Jawaad while I played against Laila. Then I won against Laila and the volunteer won against Jawaad so I ended up playing the volunteer and I won! 


Above is the final board(top left), score sheets from both games(top right) and my prizes(bottom). It was pretty awesome and it'll be even more awesome going to the final tournament and playing against all the winners from the different branches. I can't wait! 

So besides that, in my last blog I left off saying how we were going to Glitter and bowling. Here's how Glitter went: 

Awesome! I was in awe of the store and was nearly overwhelmed in what to get and all that. Here's what I ended up with:


1. A heart necklace that I am actually wearing right now, it comes with earrings but I'm not wearing those right now.

2. Feather earrings which, by the way, I have been wanting for a while because they are so awesome and cute! 

3. A bow headband. I have been wanting a new headband to do this style that I like to do with my purdah(niqab, veil): 


So yeah, it's über cute and I love it! <3

4. Eyeshadow palette. It only has 10 colors but I've been needing a new one because mine is running out and I'm actually glad it has ten different colors because I get a variety of colors and not just one set of purples or a matched set for a certain look. 

So yeah, I only got 4 things because I was under the impression that my mother was giving us $5 each only to spend there and she was but she'd forgot to give mine to me so I ended up paying for it myself. I'm still wondering if I should ask her to get back $5 or if I should just drop it. 

So now about bowling: 

Yup, you guessed it: terrible! Okay not completely terrible but not that great either. Here's how it went:

When we first got there, our friends were already in the thick of playing(we were late) and one family had to go home soon after we came. So they were trying to hurry up and finish their games. 

So when they finished their games and paid then that family left and everyone else who had been with them were quite tired and didn't want to play anymore. So we ended up playing with ourselves and another sister that we came with. It went: Me, Laila, Ummi, and the sister; Jibreel, Jawaad and their friend Humzah(who actually rode with us); Sakina and the sister's little kids, Abdullah and Eesaa. 

So anyway, while they were setting up the games, I went and dipped to the bathroom really quick. Laila then came and told me that I needed to hurry up because it was my turn. So I hurried and when I came back, my mother had already played my turn! My first time bowling and I didn't even get to play my first turn! Anyway, so after that all I could do was suck it up and wait for my next turn to come around. When it finally did I actually got 8 pins on the first bowl and 1 on one the second. That was pretty good for my first bowl. However, after that, the sporting inability struck again and I got gutterball after gutterball. Another sister that was there used to be a pro bowler so she gave us some advice and said that we shouldn't focus on the middle pin but the middle line and try to bowl directly on that line. Even after that tidbit of advice, no matter how hard I tried, more gutterballs. I think I had 4 turns worth of gutterballs. After that I got another 8 but I didn't get anything in the second try. Then I got a couple more gutterballs and a few more pins knocked down and then towards the end of the game I got a strike! Then right after(because you get two turns even if you get a strike I got nine pins but I didn't get a spare. I was feeling very happy with that. After that I did hit a little more, I think, because my final score was 54(that rhymes). Not a very good score but not too bad for a beginner. 

I think Laila ended up winning our game but I don't know about the rest of the games. 

So yeah, that's my little update on life. I might or might not go bowling again, who knows? I'm definitely planning on going to Glitter again though. 

So, signing off for now, bye, salaams, au revoir, adiós, annyeong, sayonara!!! 

Sumiyya <3 

P.S. If you are reading this blog and you like it and you like my pictures, check out my instagrams: @trueblue4u and @sosweetlyamazing97. The former I use for my nature pictures. The latter I am beginning to use more often and also it's an acronym using my initials from my name which is Sumiyya Safiyyah Abdul-Rasheed. So yeah, check them out. And maybe my twitter but twitter is my outlet and I just post my random(usually angry) thoughts there. @Tw33tst4rS Last thing: if you happen to have a Kik, Kik me: dontkikmewhileimdown. So yeah, check me out, bye again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment