Monday, December 9, 2013

Home Alone(Well, Sorta)

Hello to you!

Today is Monday and I am back again with the highlight of the previous week: I stayed at home (nearly) alone. 

Last week my brother had an orientation to go to in Ohio for his college. Now, the week before the week before last week we had gone on another road trip to Fayetteville which is only 3 hours away. Sakina and Jawaad had to sit in the trunk and this is often uncomfortable(I would know) so we were trying to find ways to make it work for the trip to Ohio which is 8 hours away. My father even suggested renting a car. However, out money has been a bit tight so that idea was dismissed. 

Then, just a week before we were about to leave, my mother asked Laila and I if we wouldn't mind staying home. We said "No, we don't mind"(We have no one to see in Xenia anyway) and so just like that, it was done. We were staying here. Also, auntie Keena was to come and watch over us while we did. 

So they left at 3:45 Thursday morning and we slept until 8:00. Then we got up and started cleaning up everything my mother wanted cleaned before our Auntie came, including her room.(Pictured Below)


This is my sister's and my finished progress. We were quite happy with ourselves. Anyway, we cleaned done other things after that and then took a break and found a show to watch called Hot in Cleveland. It was pretty funny and we were hooked. So we marathonned Hot in Cleveland in between our cleaning. 

So when my aunt arrived she pretty much just went into my parents room and fell asleep. It was fine. She gets pretty tired and worn out because she has Sickle Cell. 

Anyway, so from Thursday to Saturday we were parent and sibling free and we lived it up. We watched Hot in Cleveland nearly nonstop, we ate moderately and didn't have to worry about the food not being there later. We got lost in Target. Well not really lost, per se, just not with my aunt and she ended up having the people page us twice. We didn't hear either one. Target obviously needs to up it's intercom system. Oh, yeah, and we gorged on chocolate frosted chocolate cupcakes. Homemade, I might add. That frosting is to die for. It's so good and yet so bad for you but I love it. 

Anyway, we mainly had a relaxed type of fun that usually evades us when family is around. 

So that was my parent-free weekend. No parties, just me and my sister and my aunt doing our own thing. 

That's about it. Signing off for now, bye, sayonara, ma'a salaama, adiós, au revoir, annyeongggg!!!

Sumiyya <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment