Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

Hello you!

As you may know, I only post on Mondays so you know what that means: this is the last post of 2013! Can you believe it? The year has come and find so fast. So many memories. *Tears up*

So since today is my last blog of 2013, I thought I'd reflect on they year thus far. 

I can't remember much of when the year first started out because I have a horribly sucky memory but I'll recant the things I do remember and my reflections on those.

The fashion show: This is the point from which I can really remember things. 
The fashion show was really nice. Trying to find things to use as recyclable material was totally hard and when I won in the top three I was so happy. 
My reflection from that is that if you out your mind to it, sometimes you can succeed. Also that my mother has a great eye for things. 

The Charlotte Seen fashion show: That fashion show was so hype. It was so cool and so awesome and everyone brought it hard. Plus so many people saw us and complimented us on our stuff and it was really nice. My reflection from this was that just because you dress a certain way, doesn't mean you can't roll big and do what you want.

The award ceremony: The award ceremony was okay. I didn't like standing for what seemed like forever, with no drinks and no food. We didn't win and it kinda crushed us but we were okay. My reflection on this: Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, just don't let it get you down. 

Ramadhan: This Ramadhan I think I really did well. I know I tried my best and made sure I was always doing ibaadat and reading Quran and everything. InshaAllah everything was accepted. I really hope so.

Eid al Fitr: This year we spent Eid in Xenia and I loved it. It was so nice spending Eid with all of the Xenia people and I was so happy. We went bowling, to a nikah, and to Glitter too. My reflections from this: Xenia people are very loving and tight knit and Charlotte just doesn't compare. 

Eid al Adha: Eid al Adha this year was sad. We couldn't go to the Eid salaat because they were making it on the wrong date so we had to go somewhere else where they were doing it on the right date and the girls didn't get to make salaat because only men were there.  Then the rest of the days we did the same things we usually do every day. We didn't get to slaughter because we were dead broke. There was nothing special about it and it saddened me so much. The only silver lining was that we went and got chocolate milkshakes from McDonalds and we hadn't done that in so long. My reflection: We really need to actually celebrate the special days that Allah gave to us in at least some way. 

Life this year: I won't say what but this year something got me really down and I confided in my sister about it and her knowing really helped me. My reflections: Sometimes friends are all you need. Especially best friends like my sister Laila. I love her and she doesn't know how happy I am that she's been there for me. 

So basically there have been a lot of moments and memories in this year even though the year seems to have gone by so fast. I am excited for the new year and I hope you, whoever is reading had a great year and will have an awesome year in 2014. 

Signing off for 2013, annyeong, sayonara, au revoir, adiĆ³s, ma'a salaa, byeeeee!! Many hugs and kisses for you if you are reading this and/or have been reading for a while. I really appreciate anyone who actually takes the time to read my pointless blog. 

Sumiyya <3

P.S. My penpal mentioned this and I realized that I'd totally forgotten until this point but one thing I also did in 2013 was go with my family to the Hershey's Chocolate Factory and that was very fun and I really liked it and I'm very glad we got to go and experience something so fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment