Monday, January 20, 2014

Showering Babies

Ahlan wa Sahlan wa Marhaban!

Yesterday, I went to a baby shower. The second baby shower I've ever been to. I still have the pictures from the first baby shower I went to:


Anyway, this baby shower was for my mom's other cousin and she's around the same age as the one who the other baby shower was for. 

It wasn't as huge this time but it was quite fun. We played Name That Baby Song, where we named songs with baby in the title and Baby Jeopardy. My mom set up both games and we helped a little but not so much that we knew the answers and weren't able to play. 

The baby-to-be is a boy and so everyone had to wear blue or green and a tie/bow-tie. A lot of people, including us, forgot the tie part though. 

So this time I didn't get any fancy pictures of the gifts or decorations because I myself was busy but I get little favors and all and I took a picture of those here at my house.


The boxes have candy in them, the little jars have a sugar scrub(brown jar) and a salt scrub(blue jar), there's a bookmark, a mustache pop, and two nail polishes(one is a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in Blue Me Away and the other is a Klean Color nail polish in Aqua Blue), and the bow was not actually a favor but a decoration that I liked and was allowed to take. 

So yeah, I had fun and the trip was nice. 

Oh and on another note, today we measured ourselves and weighed ourselves because we're about to go hard on some month long challenges and eating right and all that. It's going to be quite a month. We're having a celebration after the month is over. It's on the 24th which is my mother's birthday but the celebration is not for her birthday, it's for her Fab at 40 plan. She turns 40 that day and she wants to be ultra fab(aka slim, healthy, rocking, and on her deen). So we're trying to really help her achieve that goal and if/when she does, we'll have a party for her. 

So that's pretty much it for my life update this week. 

Signing off for now to go do some late night homework, bye, annyeong, sayonara, adiĆ³s, au revoir, ma'a salaama! 

Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment