Monday, January 27, 2014

Sick Week

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh(full Islamic greeting meaning: Peace be upon you and the mercy and blessings of God)!

Welcome to my weekly blog. You know, weekly sounds so boring. Bi-monthly, bi-annual, annual, all that sounds cool but weekly sounds well, weak.(pun totally intended :D)

Anyway, this past week has been my sick week. I think it started on either last Monday or Tuesday but I caught a dreadful cold and I believe I'm getting over it but I'm not sure. 

It started out as just a sore throat and then it worsened horribly to laryngitis and an even sorer throat, then a sore throat, a raspy voice and a blocked nose, then it's kinda been where it is now: kinda sore throat at times, lots of throat clearing and an on-again, off-again blocked nose. 

Anyway, here's how the my past week went: during the past week, my mom's cousin came over, my mom's cousin's husband made chocolate cake, my mom's cousin made killer guacamole, we smashed on fried broccoli, and I exercised and stayed sick and slacked on homework. 

Speaking of exercising, I might have mentioned it in my last blog but we started doing a whole bunch of monthly workout challenges including The Gorgeous Glutes Challenge, The 30 Day Ab Challenge, The Squat Challenge, The Back Challenge and a sort of treadmill challenge as we have a treadmill at my house of which to use. Btw, did you know that if you strut on a treadmill it works out your hips better? 

So today was the first weekly weigh in and I lost an okay amount. I plan to lose more(no more fried broccoli!) and my no candy until February thing is kinda helping. 

So basically that is it for this week's blog. InshaAllah(God-willing) I shall be less sick if not completely healthy by next week's blog.

Signing off for now, sayonara, annyeong, adiĆ³s, au revoir, bye, ma'a salaama! 

Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment