Monday, April 21, 2014

Graduating

What is up? 

I'm on time for once, eh? :D

What I wanted to talk about today is that my mom is graduating tomorrow. 

That's right, tomorrow she will finally be done with college. She will finally have a BA in both ESL and Instructional Design. She will finally have time to breathe. She'll finally have time to chill. She'll finally have time for us. 

It's been 5 years since she started and was thrown into the throng of homework and back to back assignments with hardly any break between classes. It's been a long 5 years. There have been times when she just didn't want to do it. There have been times when she actually didn't do it. There have been times when she excelled above everyone else. But finally, this is the time, when she's through with it all.

I'm so excited for her and for us and our life for the rest of this year before we move to Saudi. I also kinda wonder: "What will she do now?" Homework was the thing that kept her busy. I mean, of course there were other things but it was mainly that. Although, I also think that now she'll be able to sleep do much better. She can go to bed earlier. She doesn't have to stress so much about grades and all that good crap. She can relax. 

That's why I'm excited and happy for her. Her graduation is way bigger than when my father graduated because it's been 5 years in the making and it's finally here.

So, since she won't be able to go to her graduation party because it's in Iowa(or somewhere over there), we are actually throwing her a surprise graduation party. We're pooling all our resources and getting help from our grandparents an aunts and uncles and we're really hoping to make this a special event, dedicated solely to her. 

So this is pretty much it, I wish her the best, and I love her, and I congratulate her a million times on finally graduating. 

Signing off for now, sayonara, ma'a salaama, annyeong, adiós, au revoir, goodbyeeeee!!! 

Sumiyya <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment