Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer Volunteering, Jobs, and Hello Clean, Beautiful Room!

What is up?

So it has been quite a while but this time, I don't care that much. I'm okay wit letting a few weeks slip away so it's cool.

Anyway, I have exciting news! Laila and I are going to be TEEN SUMMER VOLUNTEERS!!! We signed up last year and weren't picked but this year, we were better, more experienced, and we got in! I'm so happy and I cannot wait to start.

Today we decided to look at the shift times they gave us and pick when we want to work. So we're looking at Mondays-Thursdays 10:15-1:15 and Saturdays 1:15-4:15. Our orientation is next Saturday and I believe we start on the 16th of June(not sure).

There was also another reason why we were setting up our schedules today and that is because: Laila got a job! Yes, Laila got a job where she will be teaching a 5th grade girl how to design and sew her own clothes as the girl is an aspiring fashion designer. Laila applied in April, then we met the lady in early May and talked to her and all that and she contacted Laila just today asking when she can start. To be honest, we didn't even think she was going to write because it had been quite a long time.

On the topic of jobs, my brother recently got hired and today he got fired. He was working at a place where he was supposed to make radiators and they said he was working too slow so they laid him off. He called my mom crying. Poor thing. He was so excited to finally have a job and we were excited for him. But, as my mother reminded him: "Everything from Allah is good" so that probably wasn't the right thing for him. InshaAllah(God-willing) we will find a better job soon.

Now on to my room. So if you don't know, my room can get messy. And when I say messy I mean MESSY like a Hoarders house kind of messy. It aggravates me because a lot of it is my sister's fault(not saying all of it is) and she doesn't like picking up her stuff. But this time not only was our room in huge disarray, so was/is our house. My mother decided that it had to end so she decided that we would all clean the house from top to bottom starting one room at a time and we started with my room. We took everything out of it and then I vacuumed the floor, washed and hung up/folded up the clothes and organized the closet and bookshelf. We are still in the process of transporting the stuff we took out back in(although, really it was mostly my sister's fabric).

Anyway, now my room is sparkling and fresh and clean and beautiful and I can breathe! Plus, I can get off my ladder without having to worry about hurting my foot on anything. XD

So, I'm not really excited about it but we'll have to the rest of the house as well and I guess I'm ready. I mean, now that I can breathe in my room I feel more energized. However, I do want to finish reading Shatter Me before we start.

So that's it, signing off for now, byers, annyeong, sayonara, adios, au revoir, ma'a salaama!!!

Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment