Monday, June 30, 2014

June Ends, Ramadhan Begins

As Salaamu Alaikum(Peace Be Upon You)!

 Today is the last Monday in June. I wasn't going to write this blog until I remembered that. :D Feeling kinda lazy. Anyway, that means: tomorrow is July!! I love July. Maybe it's just because my birthday is in July, I don't know. Speaking of my birthday, it's in 5 days. I will finally be 17. I hate having to wait half the year to be the age I'm supposed to be for the year. I think I like how Korean's do it better. At the start of the year, you are considered to be the age you are turning that year and actually a year older as well because they count the near-year you were in the womb as a year too. But, I think it'd just be cool without the womb-year thing. Then on New Year's I'd be 18 instead of having to wait until half of 2015 is over. In Islamic months I am already 17 too since my Islamic birthday is the 9th of Safar which was in December last year.

 Anyway, long, unnecessary birthday history aside I'm happy July is approaching.

 Now, onto the subject of Ramadhan. Today is the second day and there is an hour until we break our fast. So far Ramadhan has been great. Fasting actually has been pretty easy despite being 16 hours this year and everything else seems to be working great as well. Alhamdulillaah.

 Last post I promised to update you on the pool party last week. Well, it was amazing! So first, that day Laila and I went for volunteering, then we stayed a little later to go to the 3D Printing event, which was really cool. I made a heart t go on a necklace which I actually have turned into a choker. It looks super awesome. So after the event we rushed home and started to get ready. Ummi found Laila's old swimsuit(which we were looking for so that I could wear it) and Laila did a little adjustments because it's a little big. Then I packed nearly everything I could think of that we'd need to go to the pool and we left.

 When we got to the pool it was so exciting. We went in and so many people were there swimming and getting food to eat and sitting and it just looked amazing. So we quickly took our stuff off(we had our swimsuits on underneath) and went into the water. It was awesome! Laila and  I of course, needed floaties so we grabbed some of the noodles and use those to float. Sakina made friends quickly with some girls who also didn't know how to swim and they stuck together in the 2-3 ft area. Ummi just sat talking to someone from our homeschool group's mother. At some point all the older girls(which included one of the girls who volunteers with us) who knew how to swim decided to do scynhronized jumps into the 9 ft water. It looked really fun but of course, we couldn't join because we don't know how to swim. Then Laila got the idea that if I held her floatie board(she'd traded the noodle for it) while she jumped and then handed to her when she rose up then that could work. So that's what she did. Then she tried to convince me to do the same thing but I was horribly terrified. Even so I stood up on the side of the pool and thought "I  can do this" but then I couldn't. So I told her that I wasn't going to do it so she said "I'll call one of the ladies, she can help catch you, then it'll be fine." So she called the lady and the lady agreed. Hesitantly, though, once she learned I couldn't swim. Then that lady called someone else to help her. Then slowly by slowly a whole bunch of people were coming to help and I was still frozen there wanting to jump but also not wanting to. So they were patiently waiting, urging me on and finally, I was like "Okay" and I jumped and it was okay though some water got into my throat and my nose. I didn't want to do it again though. Laila did so I helped her two more times and then we went back to swimming with the floatie noodles.

 So all-in-all it was pretty fun. The next day was the "I Can Be a Gameshow Star" thing at the library which was super fun. Jawaad and Saalih ended up winning.

 So yeah, the past week was pretty cool. So I think that's it for today's blog. It got a little long because I like to talk. :P

 Signing off for now, bye, annyeong, sayonara, adios, au revoir, ma'a salaama!!! Oh and Ramadhan Mubarak because I forgot to say that with all the unnecessary talking I did. XD

 Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment