Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday Reminiscing

    Hey!

     What's up? I know "This isn't Monday!" is probably what you're thinking. I assure you, I am very much aware of that fact as you can see by the title. Anyway I was just talking to my mom, reminiscing about this past winter when it snowed, and I realized that I never wrote a blog post about how much fun we had.

      The first time it snowed it was the 28th of January. We were so excited but it was only a small coating and it was pretty much all gone within two days. But then on February 12th it snowed again. This time there was more but we didn't know if it would last. It did though and the very next day we had about half a foot of snow. It was more than enough to play around. So we had snowball fights and made snow angels and even constructed a mini snowman that kinda failed. The snow was actually kinda icy by then but that was good because it allowed it to pack better.

      At first, when my siblings had said they were all going to go outside and play in the snow and they asked me to come I said no because I was busy and I thought "It'll be there tomorrow, then I'll go." They were kinda mad but they let me be. So then I was sitting and I was thinking "What if it melts by tomorrow? What if I don't get the chance? This could be a repeat of the sledding thing in Xenia." So I decided I'd go out. I got on my old boots that I hadn't worn since 2010-2011 time-frame. I got on my abaya and hijab and niqab and I put on my hat that I made. Then I put on my hoodie and my sister's bubble jacket(which kinda look like life vests to me, just sayin') and I put on some gloves and I went out the back door so that they wouldn't see me and I could ambush them with snowballs. I stopped to draw something in the snow: a heart with an S in it(Which I've always done, it's like my signature thing. That, or my name in cursive with a heart on it.)


     As you see, it's not that visible but it was okay. My footprints are the things around it. Also, as you see, there were some random sticks lying in the snow near it. Anyway, after drawing that I went and gathered a huge wad of snow and rushed to the front yard yelling "Ambush!" and then it was on. Snowballs started flying left and right. I got hit a couple times but I hit everyone else at least twice and I dodged a lot too. It was a lot of fun.

     Then we went and made snow angels. I don't have a picture of that because they didn't really come out that great. But, of course, it was fun nonetheless. Then we attempted to make a snowman. Which, as you know turned out to be a fail.

     After that we went inside, intending to come back out but we stayed inside. My brother actually stayed outside helping some lady shovel the snow on the road. Other people pitched in as well. So all in all, it was a fun day. An hour spent playing the snow did not hurt and it was so much fun and I loved it :))

      So now that I've told the story of our winter escapades, a story that is great for this summer time because it reminds of cooler times, I will do a spam of all the pictures I took. The first couple will be of the January snow, the rest of the 12th and 13th of February.


















 
     So yeah, that's pretty much all I wanted to talk about. See you Monday! ^_~

     Signing off for now, annyeong, ma'a salaama, sayonara, adios, au revoir, baiiiieee!!!

                 Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment