Monday, February 17, 2014

Going Vegan?? Plus OOTD

Hola!

Bienvenidos a mi Lunes blog!!! 

Hey, what's up? If you don't know, I'm Sumiyya(it's kinda easy to see that so I don't know why you wouldn't). Anyway, today is Monday so that means another pointless blog that little to no one will read. :D Welcome!

So, contrary to the title, no I'm not going vegan. You see my father has adopted a "semi-vegan lifestyle" where he basically eats like a vegan and occasionally has chicken or fish. 

Except his vegan lifestyle mostly consists of entirely raw vegetables(not cooked at all) with no extra flavoring whatsoever. Also of burgers made out of any type of bean he can find. He's been seeing great health results so starting this past Saturday he decided that we should all try this vegan lifestyle with him. I tell you since then I've been living a food nightmare. 

Don't get me wrong, normally I love cabbage, spinach, lettuce, and broccoli but when these vegetables are completely raw with no flavoring at all except the occasional sprinkle of the juice from green olives. The burgers have been great though. Also he's made meatloaf(also out of beans), lentil soup with brown rice(which we had started eating even before the vegan thing), and mashed potatoes made from cauliflower. So not everything is bad about his vegan lifestyle but the raw spinach, okra, broccoli, and all are just completely grossing me out. 

So now let's get on to my OOTD!

Today my outfit is what I call "Schoolgirl Chic"(you'll notice that with me, a lot of things will have chic in the name XD) 

So for my top I have two shirts on. One is a black long-sleeved shirt with a ruched turtleneck from a brand called J.Jill(never really heard if it). I got it from the thrift store. 

The second shirt, which is in top of the turtleneck is a grey and white shirt. It looks like a white blouse-with a slight ruffle front and sorta puffy sleeves-with a gray vest over it except it is attached and the white doesn't go any further than the chest area. The brand is Love Always, another brand I've never really heard of and this shirt is also from the thrift store. 

For my bottoms I am wearing a NoBo(No Boundaries) skater skirt that I got from walmart. It looks like this: 

Also underneath I am wearing black footless tights which are actually also in the above picture. They are also from the  brand NoBo and both items were purchased at Walmart(so was everything else in the picture :D)

For accessory type things I am wearing black gray and white argyle socks that look like this: 


And I'm wearing a black scarf(which is a commonality in my outfits unless I wear another color scarf or another with it). 

Also I have my handmade black and white ring and my white Timex watch. 

Last but not least for a pop of color, I have on electric blue fingerless fishnet gloves. I don't know the brand, just that my grandmother bought them off Amazon. 

So that's it! Hope you enjoyed today's blog. I will see you(not really) next Monday. 

Signing off for now, sayonara, ma'a salaama, bye, annyeong, au revoir, adiós and hasta el lunes!!! 

Sumiyya <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment