Monday, November 25, 2013

The Crafty Side of Me

Hello!

I'm back again, on Monday, for this here blog. 

Today, I'm talking about my crafty side. I've made quite a bit of things either through knitting, crocheting, sewing, or weaving(as in friendship bracelets). Actually as I think about it, I haven't made that much stuff, just a bit. 

I'll try to remember and list the things I have made and I'll also insert pictures of the things I have pictures of. 

Knitting:
In 2010 or 2011(can't remember) I decided that I wanted to learn how to knit. I read books on how to but I wasn't yet getting one part of knitting. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't understand that one part. So my aunties came that year and one of them knew how to knit so I asked her to teach me. However, she'd forgotten and so I poured over the books and learned how to knit all on my own. The very first thing I knitted and completed was a purse for my penpal Alizabeth. It was pink and had a blue "crocheted" strap. At the time I didn't know how to fully crochet( I was supposed to learn from my sister (who was taught by my other auntie who knew how to crochet) but she hadn't fully taught me yet). So the strap I made was not actually crocheted but it looked pretty nice. I do not have a picture of this.

The second thing I knitted was a pair if gloves. This was more recent. It took me around 3 weeks to finish than but only because I procrastinated. Here is a picture of the completed gloves: 

Well, it's actually only one glove because the picture I took of the two of them shows my skin and a bit of cleavage so...

The third and final thing I have knitted is a hat. I just finished it Saturday night. It took me 23 days to finish so about 3 weeks just like the gloves. I could've finished it earlier but I made it like a finish by December project so I wasn't too pressed to finish it quickly. 
Here's a couple of pictures of the hat, on me actually:


In the first picture it looks dirty but it's not, that's just the lighting which is why in the black and white picture it doesn't. 

If you're wondering why I've only knitted three things since I learned to knit it's because I feel that knitting takes too long and that I could probably finish it faster if were to crochet it.

Crocheting:

So I've crocheted a lot of things, a purse, a bracelet, amigurumi cupcakes:

An amigurumi bear that I never finished, an amigurumi rabbit that I did finish:

An Elmo hat: 

And a skirt which I still haven't finished:

So yeah, that's all the things I've crocheted.

Sewing:

The first things I ever sewed were doll clothes that I'd hand sewn myself. This was back in 2005. My mom and also a friend of mine taught me how to sew. My mom also showed me how to make patterns for the dolls. So I made shirts, dresses, skirts, and I tried to make pants but those never worked out right. I don't have any pictures of those as that was so long ago, back when I didn't have a camera to use whenever I felt like it.

The second thing I've sewn is a dress. It's a pretty cute dress. My sister helped me to make it but I did all the sewing myself. 

The third thing I made was this dress for the fashion show last year: 


And also this shirt for the other fashion show last year: 

And finally: this vest made of a plastic tablecloth and the leggings, though I didn't see them I did DIY rip and ladder them:

So yeah. That's my sewing accomplishments. 

Weaving:

So I don't have any pictures of any of the bracelets I've made so I'll just describe them all. 

The very first ones that I made, I gave them to my penpal Hanan and we sister Aya. 

They were: pink and purple(to match her room), black red and white, black pink and white, and another color mix that I can't remember at the moment. 

The others I've made since then were: 

Another pink, black, and white one
Another red, black, and white one,
A red and black one(which I lost at the library
A black and white one(which I still have)
A multi-colored one that matches the colors in the elastic on my summer dress 
A blue and white one
A blue and black one 
A green and white one with beads(which I sent to my penpal Aurélia)
And a couple more that I can't remember the colors of.

So yeah, those are my crafty achievements. 

Signing off for now, bye-bye, salaam, sayonara, adiós, au revoir, annyeong!! 

Sumiyya <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment