Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let There be Light! and Internet...

Today we were sitting in the house and my father had gone out to do some stuff with his motorcycle(change the battery and stuff like that). He'd left the door open and we'd heard a male voice talking to him. Something about "shutting it off". I relayed what he was talking about to my mother and she was like: "It must be the electricity." So after a few minutes, true to his words, the guy shut off our electricity taking with it our lights, Internet, and stove(not that we were going to be doing any cooking at the time).

So after the guy left, my father hurries up and calls the company, pays the bill and gets informed that they will turn it on in about half an hour. Well, they lied. More like 5 and a half hours. 

So we sat around in Internetlessness for a bit(mostly reading) and then went to the library(we were planning to anyway). When we came back, it was even darker of course but still light enough to get a bit of reading in. So we did, until we couldn't. Well, some people got out the rechargeable lights and used those to read. I just took Kana and French quizzes on my iPod. 

My father had recalled the people and they said that the Internet would be on between then and midnight. Midnight! We debated going to my grandparents' house even though they're not there only my aunt is. We didn't go but it still kept getting darker. 

Finally, about 10 minutes ago, I heard someone outside. My mom went to see if it was the guy and it was. She said to shh and keep it a secret from my father(who was feeling bad for forgetting the date the payment was due) so it would surprise him. She flicked the main switch on and yes! Whatever lights that had been left on shone again and the house hummed to life. 

Experiences like this aren't so bad. They make you think and also make you remember. 

Sumiyya <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment